Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday Quiz About Me?And The Weekend Wrap Up ? Reflections ...

Acting Balanced

I survived a very busy Easter weekend, and here I am on Monday to tell the tale! So much to tell, and so little time, but I have to start somewhere!

So, let me begin by saying, I?m joining in a brand new meme! It?s hosted by Heather from Acting Balanced. This meme consists of four questions which I am supposed to answer, followed by a fifth question that you are supposed to answer in my comments section. Sounds like fun to me, so let?s give it a whirl and see how it goes?

1. Which three words would describe you best?

Determined, faithful, compassionate

2. Describe your favorite place in the whole world.

At ?home sweet home? (with hubby, Ed, by my side). ?If I have to choose a different place, it would be a white sandy beach somewhere, preferably with clear, blue water along it?s edges!

3. Sunsets, Sunrises or Full Moons?

I can?t watch sunrises or sunsets from home because we have trees on either side of us?so those are out. ? We usually have an excellent view of the full moon from our yard though, and we?ve been known to go outside and admire it!

4. If you were to get reincarnated what or who would you want to come back as?

I tell Ed this all of the time??I?d love to come back as one of your pets!? ?Ed?s quite attentive to the collection of abandoned pets that I?ve taken in from our local animal shelter? cats, dogs,rabbits, and even fish? he worries over them all. ?And now we?ve added six chickens to the collection, too! (I?ll be updating about them tomorrow!)

Now, here?s my question for my visitors:

5. ?What is your favorite Easter family tradition? (mine is our family egg hunt?it?s quite entertaining!)

My Weekend Wrap Up-

It was a fun, activity-filled weekend around our house, with lots of food, family fun, and laughter?three days of it! ?We gathered together on Saturday evening to dye eggs and decorate Easter cookies. ?Afterward, we ate pizza and laughed a lot!

Judging from the amount of food consumed on Sunday, I?d say our Easter cook-out was successful! ?Ed was in charge of grilling the chicken, while son-in-law, Clint, took care of grilling the ribs. ?Both did an excellent job! ?I enjoyed the break from ?baking the ham, too!

The family egg hunt, on Sunday, was great fun, as usual, probably because the adults get in on the fun, as well as the children! ?We had one exception this year. ?Clint decided he wanted to help hide the eggs, so he didn?t get to hunt. ?The grandchildren got a five-minute ?head start?, then the adults were able to join in the search. ?With $27.00 in prize money on the line, the heat was on!

Our oldest son somehow managed to find both prize eggs this year! ?As usual, his wife found the most! ?Christina can search out eggs like a hound dog can find a bone! ?Granddaughter, Madison, found thirty eggs this year?the most she?s ever found! ?After about ten minutes of searching, the grandchildren declared ?we?re tired?, and went to jump on the trampoline! ?Thirty minutes later, the adults called it quits, too, leaving seven eggs unaccounted for. ?Someone did a great job of hiding those eggs!!!

What would a holiday be, without a family portrait? ?Probably a lot less chaotic, but we gathered in the backyard and took one anyway! ?This was our first one with our newest addition, Chase, included. ?Here?s the best of three takes:

That?s a wrap on our fun Easter weekend! Don?t forget to tell me about yours, and what your favorite family Easter tradition is! ?Thanks, Heather, for this fun way to start out the week!!!

P.S. ?I almost forgot to mention that I celebrated the third ?blogiversary? of this blog on Saturday, April 7! ?My how time flies when you?re having fun :)

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

red velvet cake recipe josh krajcik porphyria cinnamon rolls krampus robert de niro winner of x factor

No comments:

Post a Comment